This Tiramisu Overnight Oats recipe is inspired by the rich flavors of tiramisu with the convenience of overnight oats, resulting in a creamy and satisfying morning treat. Perfect for a quick weekday breakfast or grab and go snack, these oats are sure to become a new favorite.
What is tiramisu?
Tiramisu is a traditional Italian dessert, made by layering espresso-soaked cookies with whipped mascarpone and coated in cocoa powder.
What are tiramisu overnight oats?
These overnight oats take inspiration from the dessert tiramisu, with its coffee, cocoa, and whipped cheese.
To mimic these flavors when making overnight oats, we'll soak the oats overnight in a coffee, yogurt, and milk mixture so they absorb the flavor and become soft and creamy.
Then we'll whip cream cheese and yogurt together and sweeten it with maple syrup.
Topping the coffee overnight oats with this whipped cheese and then dusting everything really gives these oats dessert vibes. Of course, it's just inspired by tiramisu, it's not the real thing, but it is super delicious and makes for an easy make-ahead breakfast.
See the recipe card for exact amounts.
You can store the oat mixture in two ways:
- one big container that you will take portions from later
- individual containers so they are easier to grab and go
This recipe stores the oats in one container and portions them after they sit overnight. You can easily evenly divide them in to 2-4 containers before refrigerating overnight if you prefer.
- Mix the wet ingredients together.
- Add the oats and chia seeds.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes and then mix again to distribute the chia seeds evenly. Cover with plastic wrap or a lid and refrigerate overnight.
- The oats thicken a lot in the fridge overnight. You can add more liquid now if you prefer. I like thicker oats.
- Whip the softened cream cheese with maple syrup, yogurt, and vanilla extract. Once the oats have sat overnight you can add this topping and re-refrigerate them if you are meal-prepping.
- Otherwise, serve the oats by adding oats to your glass or bowl.
- Add the cream cheese topping and smooth it out on top.
- Dust with cocoa powder. Serve or refrigerate until needed.
If storing these in the fridge again, make sure to cover each glass or container with plastic wrap or a lid.
Tips for making Tiramisu overnight oats
What to serve with overnight oats
Store these oats in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Yes, this recipe is great for doubling or tripling and lasts for up to 5 days in the fridge.
Tiramisu Overnight Oats
For the oats
For the topping
- 2 oz cream cheese (at room temperature)
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt (plain)
- ½ teaspoon maple syrup (or to taste)
- cocoa powder (for garnish)
For the Oats
- Mix all oats ingredients together. Let sit for 5 minutes and then stir again. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
For the Topping
- When the oats are ready to serve, whip room temperature cream cheese with Greek yogurt, and maple syrup.
- To serve, add the oats to a glass or bowl and top with the whipped topping.
- Sift cocoa powder over top and serve or wrap for later.
- Stores in the fridge for 4-5 days. Oats get creamier as they sit.
Nutritional information is an estimate. Values vary based on products used.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you.
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Rating, commenting, and sharing my recipes really helps. Thanks for taking the time! Mention @pipercooksblog on Instagram.