Snickers overnight oats are a fun and tasty combo of oats, peanut butter, and chocolate. Super easy to make, this overnight oats recipe starts with a base of peanut butter flavored oats which are topped with a thick date caramel, melted chocolate, and chopped peanuts. Easy to meal prep.
What are snickers overnight oats?
Overnight oats are a no-cook variation on making oats. Snickers overnight oats contain the classic Snickers bar flavors of peanuts, chocolate, and caramel. This recipe uses dates and peanut butter to make a version of caramel.
Overnight oats are great for easy make-ahead breakfasts and perfect for meal prepping. Oats keep you full longer and I'm kind of obsessed with the combo of oats, peanut butter, and chocolate. (You can find this in my peanut butter chocolate chip oat cookie bar!) Add the date caramel in there and I had this recipe on repeat when I first made it.
See the recipe card for exact amounts.
- Mix the wet ingredients: milk, peanut butter, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add the oats and chia seeds. Add a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes and then stir again. Wrap or cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning they will be very thick. Add more milk if you prefer it thinner.
Letting the oats sit for 5 minutes before stirring again and then refrigerating helps the chia seeds incorporate evenly and prevents them from clumping.
- To make the date caramel sauce, pit and soak the dates in boiling water for about 10 minutes.
- Blend the dates, peanut butter, vanilla extract, pinch of salt, and some of the date soaking water.
- Melt the chocolate with coconut oil.
- Serve the oats hot or cold.
To top the oats, add some of the date caramel, melted chocolate, and some chopped peanuts.
Tips for making snickers overnight oats
What to serve with overnight oats
Overnight oats are great on their own and this recipe is no exception. It makes a great stand alone breakfast or snack but you can add things like fresh fruit (sliced bananas!) or some seeds if you like. You could serve these with a dirty chai or you go with iced coffee.
Store the oats covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Yes you can use regular caramel made with sugar and butter instead. I prefer date caramel if I'm serving this for breakfast (I'm generally not a sweets lover). I'd use regular caramel if serving these for dessert.
Snickers Overnight Oats
For the Oats
For the date caramel
For the oats
- Mix the almond milk, peanut butter, brown sugar, and vanilla extract together using a whisk. It'll may take a few minutes to mix in the peanut butter and it's find it there are still flecks of peanut butter that haven't fully dissolved.
- Add the oats, chia seeds, and a pinch of salt. Let sit for 5 minutes and then stir again. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
For the Date Caramel
- To make the date caramel, cover the dates in boiling water and let sit for about 10 minutes to soften.
- Add the dates, peanut butter, vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, and a few spoonfuls of the date soaking water to a mini food processor. Mix until smooth. Add more water, a little at a time, to get your preferred consistency.
- Melt the chocolate chips with coconut oil in the microwave. Start with 30 seconds and then continue in 15 second bursts as needed.
- Add the oats mixture to a serving glass or bowl.
- Add some of the date mixture.
- Top with peanuts and a drizzle of chocolate.
Nutritional information is an estimate. Values vary based on products used.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you.
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Rating, commenting, and sharing my recipes really helps. Thanks for taking the time! Mention @pipercooksblog on Instagram.