Parmesan Garlic French Fries | The perfect cheesy, garlicky snack or side dish. Make homemade fries or use store bought and top them with fresh grated Parmesan cheese and minced garlic.
Okay, imagine this - sticks of potato, crispy on the outside, hot and fluffy on the inside, freshly shredded Parmesan cheese melting on top, the nice bite of fresh garlic and sliced green onions, and crunchy cracked salt and pepper on top. Can it get much better than that? Now stop imaging and go turn your oven on. Use store bought french fries for a shortcut!
I'm writing this as a thunderstorm slowly rolls in. I think I'll hit the Publish button and go turn my own oven on. I love a good loaded french fry dish - maybe its the Canadian in me... Poutine anyone?
How to Make Parmesan Garlic French Fries
If you're making homemade fries, cut your potatoes into french fry sized sticks. Or wedges. Or use some store bought fries if that's what you have on hand.
Cook them up in the oven until nice and crispy. Grate over some fresh Parmesan cheese. I use a micro-plane to get my garlic smushed up nice and small. Then I chop the green onions and toss everything onto the warm fries. Crack over some salt and pepper. Shovel into your mouth.
Parmesan Garlic French Fries
- 3 russet potatoes (or a bag of store-bought fries)
- 3 cloves garlic, micro-planed
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- salt and pepper (I like freshly cracked)
- If you're using store bought fries, cook to package instructions. If using potatoes, cut into french fries sized sticks. Place on a silicone mat line baking sheet, and bake 400°F for 25-30 minutes, or until cooked and crispy. Flip once.
- Once the fries are ready and while they are still hot, plate them individually or on a big platter and grate over the Parmesan cheese. Use a micro-plane and grate the garlic over. Scatter chopped green onions over and then crack over salt and pepper to finish. Serve.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you.
Hi! I'm Jacqueline. I create the recipes here, photograph, and share them with you so you can feed your family delicious, fresh food.
I love to cook, read, sway in my hammock, take photos, and renovate my cabin. I drink coffee and red wine and I'm just as happy at my grill as I am with a whisk and mixing bowl.