Greek-Style Fries with Tzatziki Sauce and Feta Cheese | Bake your favorite fries and then top them with a delicious Greek-inspired cucumber and tomato salsa, then finish them with homemade Tzatziki Sauce and Feta Cheese crumbles for a perfectly easy and flavor-packed lunch or dinner.
Today I'm sharing this Greek inspired recipe with you - Greek Style Fries with Tzatziki Sauce and Feta Cheese Crumbles. I'm really craving these right now. I've been on a diet of chicken soup and Gatorade for the last few days while enduring the flu. I'm done. I want fries!
These Greek-style loaded fries are easy to make so they're pretty much perfect for a last-minute lunch or dinner. You can make the cucumber tomato topping while your fries cook. As long as you have Tzatziki sauce made, it comes together so quickly.
How to Make Greek Loaded Fries - Greek Poutine
First, go to my Tzatziki Sauce recipe from last week and make that. You could use store-bought Tzatziki sauce instead - I prefer homemade though.
Toss some fries in the oven - either homemade or store-bought and then work on the rest.
Chop up your tomato and cucumber into a small or large dice, and add the olive oil, lemon juice, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper and that part is done.
Now just crumble your feta cheese and let dry out a bit while you wait for your fries to finish cooking.
Once your fries are cooked, plate them up! Scatter some of your cucumber tomato salsa over the top, then do the same with the feta cheese. Spoon some tzatziki over the fries, or scoop some into a little bowl for dipping.
I like to season with some fresh cracked pepper and a little more oregano, sometimes a little bit of fresh lemon juice.
Do you prefer your fries plain, or do you like'em loaded ? What are your favorite toppings? Share with me in the comments or on Instagram.
Greek Style French Fries
- French fries (store-bought or homemade)
- ½ cucumber (diced)
- 1 roma tomato (diced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Tzatziki Sauce (recipe linked below)
- Feta cheese (crumbled)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Bake your fries. While they cook, prepare the cucumber and tomato topping by mixing together the diced cucumber, tomato, the garlic, olive oil and lemon juice together in a small bowl. Season to taste.
- Once your fries are done, plate them and then top them with the cucumber tomato mix, some crumbled feta cheese and some tzatziki sauce (recipe linked below). I like to season with pepper and sprinkle on extra oregano and lemon juice.