The Best Pepperoni Pizza Quesadillas | Quick and easy pizza quesadillas loaded with pepperoni, pizza sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese. These super simple pizza quesadillas are great for a quick lunch or dinner with a side salad. Spiced pepperoni, herby pizza sauce and melty mozzarella cheese all tucked into a folded quesadilla for crispy, cheesy, flavorful homemade pizza quesadillas.
If you love pizza and quesadillas, I think you'll love this easy pepperoni pizza quesadilla. Also, if you've tried my Pizza Grilled Cheese recipe, then this pizza quesadilla gives the same vibes - spiced pepperoni, melty cheese, tangy sauce and crispy outer bits! Yeah!
For this easy recipe, you'll stuff pepperoni pizza toppings into a flour tortilla and then fold it up in quarters to end up with a layered quesadilla. You can fold it in half instead if you want to and cook like that.
I like the folded quesadilla (a.k.a. the TikTok quesadilla) because you get more layers of ingredients per bite and it seems more satisfying.
Use the table of contents below to jump to any section of this blog post. You can also use the jump to recipe link above to get right to the recipe card.
About the ingredients for this recipe. See the recipe card below for exact amounts.
- large flour tortillas: using large flour tortillas will get you a nice sized quesadilla triangle when you're done folding it up.
- your favorite pizza sauce: I prefer my 5-minute Pizza Sauce recipe. Use your favorite recipe or brand.
- mozzarella cheese: you'll need shredded mozzarella, a classic pizza cheese.
- pepperoni: I use thick mini pepperoni, but use whatever you like.
- fresh herbs: I add fresh parsley to this, but fresh basil would also be good.
- Shred the mozzarella cheese if you're not using pre-shredded cheese
- Make pizza sauce if you're not using store-bought
This pizza quesadilla comes together in minutes and fries in just minutes as well!
Cut the tortilla from one edge to the center of the tortilla. I use kitchen scissors.
Spread pizza sauce over the whole tortilla.
Add mozzarella to the tortilla.
Add pepperoni to the tortilla. I add fresh parsley as well. You could add fresh basil.
Start to fold the tortilla, starting with the part right to the left of the cut in the tortilla. Fold it up and over.
Fold the tortilla over at the top.
Next fold the tortilla down and you will have a fully folded tortilla.
You'll see all the layers of cheese and pepperoni.
Spray the pan with a bit of cooking oil, and then fry the quesadillas in a large skillet over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side.
The quesadillas are done when they are crispy brown on the outside and the cheese is melty inside.
I like to serve my pizza quesadillas with some plain Greek yogurt on the side. You can use sour cream, ranch dressing, marinara, or whatever you like to dip pizza or quesadillas in.
RECIPE TIP: You can make any type of quesadilla with this technique! Try other flavors like deluxe pizza, three cheese pizza or a veggie quesadilla.
✔ To make this vegetarian skip the pepperoni.
> To make this vegan, use both a cheese replacement product and pepperoni replacement product.
My pizza quesadillas are fried up in my favorite, handy large non-stick skillet, linked below.
I recommend making this as needed for the best taste.
More recipes like this
- Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 5 Minute Pizza Sauce
- Mediterranean Naan Pizza
- Grilled Corn Flatbread Pizza
Tips + FAQs
Any ingredients you add to a quesadilla should already be cooked if it needs to be, like certain meats like sausage or bacon. Add whatever you like to eat on a pizza, like pepperoni, prosciutto, mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, feta cheese, etc.
Pepperoni Pizza Quesadilla
- 1 large flour tortilla
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (1.5 oz)
- 1 tablespoon pizza sauce (heaping)
- 1 oz mini pepperoni slices
- fresh parsley or basil (optional)
- Fill the tortilla: Using a pair of scissors cut the tortilla from the bottom side into the middle. Don't cut all the way through. Think of the tortilla as quadrants.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the tortilla.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the tortilla, avoiding the bottom left quadrant.
- Add the pepperoni to the top right quadrant. Sprinkle over fresh herbs if using.
- Fold the tortilla: Start by folding the bottom left quadrant up and on top of the top left quadrant. Fold that over to the right quadrant. Fold down to sit on top of the last quadrant, the bottom right. You should have a triangle now. Refer to photos and videos in the blog post for visual cues.
- Cook the quesadilla: Heat a skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking oil. Fry the quesadilla for 3-4 minutes per side, until crispy and golden brown on the outside and the cheese is melted on the inside.
- Serve the quesadilla: Serve warm with your choice of dipping sauce (optional).
- Don't like pepperoni? Use your favorite pizza toppings. Make sure any meats are cooked first.
- Want this vegetarian? Skip the pepperoni.
- Want this vegan? Use cheese and pepperoni replacement products.
- Want to dip? Dip the quesadilla in your favorite pizza or quesadilla dip like sour cream, plain Greek yogurt, Ranch dressing, or marinara sauce.
- Need a good pizza sauce recipe? Try my 5 minute pizza sauce.
Nutritional information is an estimate. Values vary based on products used.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you.
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Rating, commenting, and sharing my recipes really helps. Thanks for taking the time! Mention @pipercooksblog on Instagram.
Save this image to your Quick Recipes board on Pinterest.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!