Maple Peach + Pecan Overnight Oats | Easy overnight oatmeal, made with fresh peaches, cinnamon and nutmeg, flax and chia seeds and garnished with whipped cream and maple butter drizzle.
I am a breakfast person. Most mornings I go for toast. Avocado Toast, or hummus toast with tomatoes and cucumbers, toast with eggs.... but sometimes I crave something comforting. Something that seems like a treat. Like overnights oats.
No matter what flavor combinations I come up with, and I've got a few others:
they always seem like a treat. Like dessert for breakfast, which every so often I'm kinda in the mood for. Plus they're so easy to make. Actually these would make great desserts too.
How to Make Maple Peach + Pecan Overnight Oats
In a medium bowl mix together the almond milk, yogurt, extracts, peaches, and coconut sugar.
In another medium bowl, mix together the oats, chia seeds, flax seeds, hemp seeds, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix together dry ingredients and wet ingredients.
To refrigerate, either store in a large dish with a lid, from which you can serve portions over a few days, or portion into individual containers, such as jars with lids for an easy grab and go breakfast.
You can serve hot or cold and with optional toppings such as more fresh sliced peaches, chopped pecans, fresh whipped cream and a drizzle of maple butter.
Peach and Maple Overnight Oats
- 3 ⅔ cups almond milk
- 1 ⅓ plain yogurt
- 1 peach (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 6 tablespoons coconut sugar (or maple syrup)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- whipped cream (optional, for topping)
- maple butter (optional, for topping)
- chopped pecans (optional, for topping)
- fresh sliced or chopped peach (optional, for topping)
- In a medium bowl, mix together the almond milk, yogurt, the extracts, the chopped peach and the coconut sugar.
- In a another bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients. (Not the optional topping ingredients)
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together and place either in a large container with a lid, or several small containers with lid for a grab and go breakfast.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, either grab your jar and go, or portion some oatmeal in a bowl. Warm it now, if you want it warmed. Add any optional toppings, if desired.
Nutritional information is an estimate. Values vary based on products used.