Strawberry Lemonade Vodka Cocktail | This strawberry lemonade vodka drink starts with your favorite vodka, strawberry lemonade, ice, simple syrup, and ends with fresh strawberries and lemons as a garnish. Summer in a glass, you'll want more than one.
It was love at first sip with this beautifully colorful and fruity strawberry lemonade vodka cocktail. This drink is such a vibe.
It's pretty. It's summery. It's fruity.
This is a drink that tastes like summer and looks so delightful that everyone wants one - great for summer patio nights!
The day I photographed these we brought them over to my moms and she had company so we went right back home and made a few more! It's also super delicious and will make you want more than one.
Use your favorite vodka and strawberry lemonade. You can make my simple syrup for this cocktail, and many others, or skip it if the drink is sweet enough already.
And the fresh strawberries and lemon slices as garnishes really give this drink a fun and over-the-top look - like something you would order out at a restaurant. Be sure to eat all the flavorful strawberries once you're done with your drink!
Check out the video below to see how fast this drink comes together.
Use the table of contents below to skip to sections of this recipe post.
About the ingredients for this recipe.
See the recipe card below for exact amounts.
- Strawberries - You can use fresh strawberries or frozen. When I use frozen strawberries I just defrost them in the microwave until soft. Make sure to use sliced strawberries - they are easier to defrost and to eat when you've finished the drink.
- Lemon - A fresh lemon to cut into slices to decorate the drink.
- Strawberry Lemonade - I use store-bought strawberry lemonade but you could also make it yourself or just use lemonade for a vodka lemonade cocktail! I'd still add strawberries for flavor.
- Vodka - Your favorite vodka - mine is Tito's.
- Ice - A bunch of ice
- Simple Syrup - I made my own, you can too. Follow my Simple Syrup recipe, it's only 2 ingredients (sugar and water) and takes 5 minutes - easy!
- Add simple syrup to a rocks glass. Add strawberries and muddle. Add ice, vodka, strawberry lemonade. Stir. Garnish with lemon slice and more strawberries.
In-depth instructions with photos:
As always, gather all ingredients before you start making anything. If you are using frozen strawberries, make sure to either thaw them by leaving them in a bowl until they are ready, or use a microwave to defrost the strawberries first.
Add the simple syrup to a rocks glass. Then add the sliced strawberries. Use a cocktail muddler to mash the strawberries into the syrup. Doing this adds more strawberry flavor to the drink. You can also do this with a spoon or fork.
Quick Tip: I like this cocktail muddler, it's the one I use when making cocktails.
Add ice to the top of the glass. Add an ounce to an ounce and a half of vodka, and then add the strawberry lemonade (a ¼ cup).
Stir the drink to combine all of the flavors. Add a twist of lemon and some more sliced strawberries for garnish and then serve!
Leave the simple syrup out for a drink that is lower in sugar.
Use regular lemonade instead of strawberry lemonade.
Make homemade lemonade with lemon juice, simple syrup, and water. Add strawberries to make homemade strawberry lemonade.
For a different type of vodka cocktail, try this Thai Inspired Vodka Cocktail.
I use a cocktail muddler. You can use a spoon or fork to break up the strawberries with the simple syrup.
EXPERT TIP: To make a twisted lemon slice for garnish, cut thin slices of lemon. Lay a slice flat and cut just from the center out to the edge on one segment of the lemon. You'll now have an opening. Twist each part of the opening in the opposite direction and lay on top of your drink.
More drink recipes
Appetizer recipes to serve with this drink
Strawberry Lemonade Vodka Cocktail
- 1.5 ounces vodka
- 1 teaspoon simple syrup
- 4-5 strawberries (sliced)
- 1 lemon (sliced)
- ¼ cup strawberry lemonade
- ice (to serve)
- To a rocks glass, add 2-3 strawberries and 1 teaspoon of simple syrup. Muddle to break up the strawberries.
- Add ice to the top of the glass, vodka and strawberry lemonade.
- Garnish with 2-3 strawberries and a slice of lemon. Serve.
Nutritional information is an estimate. Values vary based on products used.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you.
Please Drink Responsibly.
Strawberry lemonade, lemonade, and flavored bubbly water all go well with vodka.
Save this image to your Cocktails board on Pinterest.