Baked Avocado Fries - Crispy and creamy baked avocado fries make a great healthy snack or appetizer!
If you're looking for something delicious and different to try and you love avocados, then look no further! These little babies are perfect for a snack, or appetizer. I first tried them out for a football game snack, along with my Baked Panko & Parmesan Portobello Fries, and they were such a hit.
HOW TO MAKE BAKED AVOCADO FRIES
Set up a breading station. In a small bowl, whisk an egg with a splash of water. In another bowl, mix together the flour and spices and in a third bowl pour in the bread crumbs.
Now keep one hand for wet and one for dry. Dip each piece of avocado into the flour, then the egg and then the bread crumbs.
Set them each on top of a cooling rack which has been set on a cookie sheet (I bake them this way so the hot air circulates around them as they bake).
Once they are breaded, bake them for 20 minutes, flipping halfway.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
Baked Avocado Fries
- 2 avocados (,the flesh cut into strips)
- 1 egg
- splash of water
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (or 1 tablespoon fresh parsley)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Slice avocado flesh into strips.
- Ready the three breading stations: One bowl with egg and splash of water, a second bowl with the flour and spices, and a third bowl with bread crumbs, parmesan and parsley.
- Designate one hand as your dry hand and one as wet. Place each avocado strip into the flour, then the egg, and finish with the bread crumbs.
- Place each breaded avocado strip on top of a baking rack that is on top of a cookie sheet.
- When they are all breaded, bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you.