Italian Seasoning Spice Mix – Gather up these 7 spices and make your own Italian Seasoning. This is a simple spice mix to make up and stores in your pantry for a couple of months. Add more of whatever spices you like the best. No salt added so your dishes can be seasoned as needed. Perfect for pizza, pasta sauce, minestrone, meatloaf or vegetables.
Homemade spice mixes are an easy way to add extra flavor to your favorite ingredients and whip up some fantastic meals. The spices for this Italian Seasoning Mix are pretty basic- I always have these ones on hand. Some mixes use dried marjoram and dried cilantro as well, but I don't usually have those so I don't use them. You could also add dried thyme.
The great things about homemade spice mixes are:
- You can use more or less of whatever spices you like or dislike
- It's cheaper in the long run
- You know what's in it
- No salt. You can season your dishes as they need!
- You can make as much as you need as long as you keep the ratios about the same.
Some of my favorite ways to use Italian Seasoning Spice Mix:
- Turkey Meatloaf with Mushroom and Onion Gravy (recipe coming)
- Quick Pizza Sauce
- Turkey Burgers
- Minestrone Soup
- Baked Chicken Breasts
How to Make Italian Seasoning Spice Mix
To make this spice mix, just measure the spices and mix together. I like to grind mind with my mortar and pestle a bit, because the dried rosemary and red pepper flakes are quite a bit bigger than the other spices and I like to break them up just a little bit. You could also pulse it in a spice grinder a couple of times.
Just store in a jar with a lid and use with in a few months.
Italian Seasoning Mix
- Combine all spices together and crush up a little bit with a mortar and pestle or a couple quick pulses in a spice grinder, and then store in a jar with a lid.
Nutritional information is an estimate. Values vary based on products used.