Green Tea Lemonade | Try this Starbucks copycat recipe for Iced Green Tea Lemonade. Make homemade lemonade with my easy lemonade recipe and then mix it together with some brewed green tea. Add ice and serve it in a pretty cup with some mint leaves for a refreshing summer drink.
An iced green tea lemonade is my favorite drink to order in the summer at Starbucks, after a black Iced Americano. The only problem is that I live half an hour away from a Starbucks. And I already know how to brew espresso for an Americano and make Iced coffee with Instant coffee, so naturally the next drink to try to replicate is an iced green tea lemonade recipe.
My homemade lemonade recipe makes about 8 cups of lemonade and for this recipe I only use two cups, so you can either make the full recipe on that blog post, or make the smaller recipe I include in the recipe card here.
Use the table of contents below to jump to any section of this blog post. You can also use the jump to recipe link above to get right to the recipe card.
About the ingredients for this recipe. See the recipe card below for exact amounts.
- Lemonade: I use my homemade lemonade recipe for this drink because it's my favorite. It's not as sweet as some lemonades I have tried. In my lemonade blog post, I make an 8 cup recipe. For this recipe we only need 2 cups of lemonade so you can either make the large batch from that recipe post, or make the smaller amount on the recipe card here. You'll need lemons, simple syrup (or sugar) and water.
- Green Tea Bags: I use regular decaffeinated green tea bags, but I think mint green tea would be good also, as I add mint leaves to my drink anyway.
- Make the simple syrup from my recipe. Instructions below as well.
- Make the lemonade from my Lemonade recipe. Instructions below as well.
- Boil a kettle of water
This recipe is very quick and easy to make. Make the simple syrup and brew the green tea. While those cool make the lemonade. Then mix them all together with my Iced Green Tea Lemonade ratio and your drink is ready to serve.
Make the simple syrup by heating together equal parts sugar and water. Heat over medium heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Let cool. (My simple syrup is amber because of the color of Mexican sugar I was using. White sugar makes a clear syrup)
Make the lemonade by combining 2 cups cold water with ¼ cup lemon juice and 2 tablespoons simple syrup.
Brew the green tea according to the package timing. Use 5 tea bags with 2 cups boiling water.
When the tea is done, remove the tea bags (don't squeeze them, this results in bitter tea). Pour the tea into a drink pitcher.
Add an equal amount of lemonade to the pitcher.
Add ice to the drink pitcher or to glasses as you the serve the green tea lemonade.
To serve the green tea lemonade, add extra ice to a glass. Hold a few leaves of mint in your hand and then slap the leaves with your other hand. This releases their oils and makes them more flavorful - just like muddling.
Add the mint to the glass and then fill with the green tea lemonade mix. Add a straw if you want to so the mint leaves don't get in the way when you sip.
RECIPE TIP: Don't squeeze your tea bags! Squeezing your tea bags releases extra tannins and can result in bitter tasting tea. Simple lift the tea bags out of the water, let them drip and then discard them.
✔ This recipe use fresh lemons, simple syrup and green tea bags. You can substitute sugar for the simple syrup, bottled lemon juice instead of fresh, or try mint green tea for something different.
> To make this a cocktail, add 1.5 ounces of vodka.
A like a glass carafe or a drink pitcher with a spout for serving drinks.
This recipe lasts in the fridge for 4-5 days. I wouldn't keep it as long as lemonade because of the brewed tea in it.
More drink recipes
Tips + FAQs
Green tea commonly has a small amount of caffeine, much lower than a cup of coffee. I use a decaffeinated green tea for my green tea lemonade recipe.
Green Tea Lemonade
For the Green Tea
- 2 cups boiling water
- 5 green tea bags
For the Lemonade
- 2 cups cold water
- ¼ cup lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup (or sugar)
For the Green Tea
- To brew the tea add the green tea bags to boiling water and let steep for the amount of time in your package instructions. Remove tea bags without squeezing them and discard. (Squeezing tea bags can results in bitter tea.) Let the tea cool.
For the Lemonade
- For the lemonade, mix together the lemon juice, cold water, and the simple syrup.
- To serve, mix together the lemonade and green tea in equal parts (as per recipe, but remember this if doubling the recipe.) Add ice to the mix. Pour into a glass with additional optional ice. Smack a few mint leaves in your hands and add to the glass for a mint green tea lemonade.
Nutritional information is an estimate. Values vary based on products used.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you.
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Rating, commenting, and sharing my recipes really helps. Thanks for taking the time! Mention @pipercooksblog on Instagram.
Save this image to your Summer Drinks board on Pinterest.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!