Potato Pancake with mozzarella and onions
Happy Friday everyone, how was your week?
Mine was a little bit busier. With the temperatures finally decent here, we’ve been able to get out and do more things, which has meant some quicker dinners on some days. One of my favorite quick dinners to prepare is a savory breakfast (if it’s your favorite too, then you should also try my sweet potato skillet!).
This is a pretty quick recipe to put together. Just shred some potato and cheese, add the flour egg and parsley, chop a bit of onion and you’re ready to cook. Add an egg or two for some protein and you’ve got a filling meal. I like to spend time in the kitchen preparing dinner, but on those busy days, this recipe is just perfect. I hope you like it too. I like to make a spicy yogurt to go with it, but I love spicy food. You could switch that out for some sour cream if you prefer. Or salsa!
Have a great weekend.
Potato Pancake with mozzarella and onion
- 1 red potato (shredded)
- 3 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon oil (for frying)
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 large egg
- A few tablespoon chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon sambal oelek
- Squeeze lime juice
- Add oil to non-stick frying pan and heat over medium high until very hot.
- Fry onion for a few minutes until very brown.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, add shredded mozzarella and potato. Mix together. Sprinkle flour and mix again. Add egg, most of the parsley, salt and pepper and mix.
- Using a spatula, scoop mixture into hot frying pan, on top of onion, flattening until it covers the entire bottom of the pan.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, until dark brown and cooked through.
- Mix all ingredients for the Spicy Yogurt Dip
- Garnish with the reserved fresh parsley and the yogurt dip.
If you liked this recipe, check my sidebar to follow me by email to have new recipe posts sent straight to you. Or follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, or Facebook so you don’t miss new recipes.
Share photos of your creations using my recipes and hashtag them #pipercooks on Instagram or tag me there @checkforpulse
Enjoy your day!