Classic Peanut Butter Cookies | These soft, melt-in-your mouth cookies are the perfect cookie treat for your next peanut butter craving.
Do you need a simple, tasty cookie recipe to keep in your back pocket? This is the one for you. Simple, everyday ingredients and a rich peanut buttery taste. A little crispy on the outside but deliciously melty on this inside.
We make cookies a few times a week and this recipe is on heavy repeat along with my Oatmeal Raisin Cookies.
How to Make Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
Cream together the butter and peanut butter. Make sure they're both at room temperature, they'll mix together much smoother without any lumps.
Add the sugar and mix together until pretty fluffy then add the eggs and mix again.
In a separate small bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder, then add to the mixer bowl and mix to fully combine.
Baking Tip: I always use a 1 ½ tablespoon scoop for my cookies. It helps them bake evenly if they're all the same size.
Scoop out 1 ½ tablespoons ball of dough onto a silicone lined baking sheet.
You can then flatten them with a glass, your hands or with a fork dipped in sugar. I prefer the latter.
Now bake the cookies at 350°F for 14 minutes or until done.
Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat (or parchment paper).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, peanut butter and sugar until smooth and well combined.
- Add the eggs and mix until fully combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to the mixer bowl and mix to combine fully.
- Using a 1 ½ tablespoon cookie scoop, place cookie dough mounds on prepared cookie sheet.
- Dip a fork into sugar and then use the fork to flatten the cookie dough ball.
- Bake for 14 minutes, or until done.
Nutritional information is an estimate. Values vary based on products used.