Honey-roasted peanut butter is easy to make at home and a budget-friendly alternative to store-bought spreads. Simply add honey-roasted peanuts to a food processor and have homemade peanut butter in five minutes.
Making honey roasted peanut butter at home is simple and satisfying.
With just a one ingredients - the peanuts - and a food processor, you can create a creamy, flavorful nut butter that's perfect for snacking, adding to recipes, or using as a dip.
Honey roasted peanut butter offers a customizable, budget-friendly alternative to store-bought peanut butter.
You can use dry roasted peanut and add in flavoring options like honey, maple syrup or cinnamon, or go right for honey roasted peanuts like I did. Either way you'll end up with a flavorful, creamy spread.
See the recipe card for exact amounts.
- peanuts: you can use either raw or roasted peanuts or honey roasted peanuts like this recipe when making peanut butter. Roasted peanuts blend easier and have a richer, nutty flavor.
- add-ins: for a flavored peanut butter try adding honey, maple syrup, or cinnamon.
- peanuts: try other nut butters like cashew butter or almond butter.
I use the Ninja Home System and prefer to use the blender jar over the food processor to make peanut butter - it blends quicker.
While almond butter can take 10-15 minutes to blend into butter, homemade peanut usually takes less than 5 minutes.
Using the store bought honey roasted peanuts is a bit of a short cut but you can feel free to use regular peanuts also.
- Add 2 cups of honey roasted peanuts to your food processor bowl or a blender jar and blend.
- The mixture will change from peanuts to little chunks, to kind of sandy, and then it clumps up into a ball before it finally smooths out to peanut butter.
Tips for making peanut butter
- Use a high powered blender if you have it. The smaller jar and more blades means the blending process will be quicker.
- Use a strong food processor or blender. An older appliance might struggle a bit when making nut butter. This means it will take longer so don't give up!
Homemade peanut butter should be stored in an airtight container like a jar with a lid in the refrigerator. Use within two weeks. Let the peanut butter come to room temperature before using for easier spreading.
Yes, you can use dry roasted peanuts but I recommend using unsalted peanuts and adding a pinch of salt yourself if you want it.
Honey Roasted Peanut Butter
- 2 cups honey roasted peanuts
- honey, maple syrup, ground cinnamon (optional)
- Add peanuts to food processor and blend for about 2 minutes. It'll turn to small chunks, then sandy, then a big clump and finally into smooth peanut butter.
- If using dry roasted peanuts feel free to add honey, maple syrup, or ground cinnamon for a flavored peanut butter.
- Store in the fridge.
Nutritional information is an estimate. Values vary based on products used.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you.
This post was originally posted on March 21, 2018.
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Rating, commenting, and sharing my recipes really helps. Thanks for taking the time! Mention @pipercooksblog on Instagram.