Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Oat Bar - This is a delicious peanut butter cookie dessert made with oats and chocolate chips. This peanut buttery, chocolatey cookie bar is perfect for groups and get-togethers. It serves 24 and it's easy to make and then bring along with you right in the baking dish.
We've probably made these bars 8 times in the last three weeks. I know that is too many times but what can I say?
I'd love to say it was all in the name of recipe testing, but I put the finishing touches on this recipe a long time ago. This was simply recipe tasting.
So if you need something new to crave, or something interesting and full of peanut buttery, chocolatey goodness to bring to a group event make this Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Oat Bar.
Just don't make 8 of them.
Or at least don't say I didn't warn you.
How to Make a Cookie Bar
Cream the room temperature butter and the peanut butter together.
Sort of, ya. It really helps when you're creaming it together with the peanut butter so that it gets very smooth. But you can kind of get around it.
If you don't have room temperature butter, you can take short cuts. Most people will tell you not to, but this cookie bar will still work.
So, you can take your stick of butter and microwave it for about 5 seconds at a time until you get the chill off.
Or you can fill a tall glass with boiling water, pour it out, stand your stick of butter up on its end, and then cover it with the glass. Leave for a few minutes and your butter will soften up a bit.
You'll probably still have some lumps but it is not the end of the world. Just keep going.
Add the sugars and mix for a few minutes. Then add the eggs and vanilla and mix again.
You can mix together the oats, flour, and baking powder in a separate bowl if you like, but I always just pile them in. I just add the baking powder last and then mix it into the flour a bit with a fork. Mix with the mixer until combined and then add the chocolate chips.
Line your 9 x 13 baking pan with parchment paper. This will make it super easy to lift out for cutting. Press the dough into the pan, smoothing the top out with a wet spoon.
Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool for about 10-15 minutes in the pan and then lift out with the parchment paper and let cool completely on a cooling rack. Cut into 24 and refrigerate.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Oat Bar
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- With a stand mixer, cream together the butter and peanut butter. Add the sugars and cream together.
- Add vanilla + eggs and mix.
- Add the flour, oats and baking powder and mix until just combined then add the chocolate chips.
- Line a 9 x 13 pan with parchment paper (makes it easier to take out)
- Scoop the batter into the pan and push it around to even it out. Use a wet spoon (keep re-wetting it) to smooth out the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let it cool a few minutes in the pan, then use the parchment to help lift it out onto a cooling rack to let it cool completely. This makes it easier to cut although it is super tasty when its still warm, so you could dig in right away if you want to. I cut it into 24 squares.
Nutritional information is an estimate. Values vary based on products used.