Sesame roasted broccoli is a delicious and easy-to-make side dish that is perfect for any meal. Broccoli is roasted to perfection with a crispy texture and a nutty flavor from the sesame seeds.
This delicious side dish is easy and made with a few simple ingredients but delivers great flavor, making it perfect for anything from a quick weeknight dinner to a special occasion. This 5 ingredient recipe is vegetarian and vegan.
Roasted sesame broccoli is probably my favorite easy side dish because:
- A: It's so easy to roast broccoli - just season it, toss it on a sheet pan, and cook for 15-20 minutes and you're done.
- B: Broccoli is nutritious and so delicious! Roasting broccoli caramelizes the outside and gives it a bold, savory, and nutty flavor!
This roasted broccoli will easily become one of your new favorite side dishes. Try adding spices to the mix before roasting it, like onion or garlic powder, or nutritional yeast.
Can I use frozen broccoli instead of fresh?
Fresh broccoli is recommended for its crisp texture and vibrant flavor, which frozen broccoli may not fully replicate.
See the recipe card for exact amounts.
- To start the recipe, add the broccoli florets to a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and then season with freshly ground black pepper and kosher salt.
- Stir to mix well.
- Place the coated broccoli in a single layer on the parchment-lined baking sheet, making sure not to overcrowd the broccoli.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes depending on how charred you like your broccoli.
To serve the broccoli, plate it and then sprinkle sesame seeds over top.
Tips for making crispy roasted broccoli
What to serve with sesame broccoli
For a quick weeknight dinner serve this roasted broccoli recipe with lemon pepper pasta, Instant Pot brown rice, a smashed avocado chickpea sandwich, a crispy chicken burger. For a comfort food themed dinner, serve alongside a butter pie, or some spicy mac and cheese. Try it with even more vegetables in this Ukranian vegetable nests.
For date night try this broccoli with creamy tomato pasta sauce with chicken and spinach, or with spicy gochujang noodles.
Store leftovers in the fridge for 3-4 days in an airtight container. I usually just microwave any leftover to reheat them.
This broccoli is best served right when you make it because it's at it's most crisp!
Yes, you can experiment with other seasonings such as onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, chili powder, or nutritional yeast.
Sesame Roasted Broccoli
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200℃).
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.
- Spread the broccoli on the line baking sheet making sure not to overcrowd the pan.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes, depending on how charred you like your broccoli.
Nutritional information is an estimate. Values vary based on products used.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you.
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Rating, commenting, and sharing my recipes really helps. Thanks for taking the time! Mention @pipercooksblog on Instagram.