Low-Carb Lasagna Stuffed Chicken Parmesan | Chicken breast, stuffed with ricotta, spinach and tomato sauce like lasagna, and coated with a crispy pecan meal crust, tomato sauce and melted mozzarella cheese like chicken Parmesan.
If you're following a low carb diet or keto diet and you're missing lasagna, this low carb lasagna chicken Parmesan might help curb your craving.
There are no noodles in this dish, just the deliciously savory flavors of lasagna, stuffed and baked into a chicken breast.
Serve with a side salad or some roasted vegetables cooked alongside the chicken and you've got a comforting easy weeknight meal.
How to Make Low Carb Lasagna Chicken Parmesan
Make the tomato sauce first by heating a frying pan over medium. Add the oil and the onions and cook until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and let cook for about 30 seconds or so, being careful not to burn it. Add the spinach, Italian seasoning and the tomato sauce. Cook for about 5 minutes, just to heat through then season with salt and pepper to your liking and set aside.
Mix up the lasagna inspired stuffing by stirring together the softened cream cheese, spinach, ricotta and salt and pepper.
For the chicken, use either 2 very large pieces or 4 smaller ones. To prepare the chicken, take a sharp knife and slice through the chicken, lengthwise so that you can open it up like a book. Don't cut all the way through.
Divide the cheese mixture between each piece of chicken. Close them back up.
Coat each piece with pecan meal and some shredded mozzarella.
Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes, or until cooked through.
Low Carb Lasagna Chicken Parmesan
For the Chicken
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 2 cups spinach (chopped)
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup pecan meal
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce ((saved from sauce ingredients))
- 1/ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
For the Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- ½ onion (diced)
- 680 ml tomato ((minus 2 tablespoons for chicken))
- 2 cups spinach (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon
- salt and pepper (to taste)
To Make the Sauce:
- Heat a frying pan over medium, then add the oil and the onions. Fry onions for a few minutes until softened. Add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Add tomato sauce, spinach and Italian seasoning. Cook for 5 minutes to heat through. Salt and pepper to your liking. Set aside.
For the Chicken:
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, spinach and the ricotta, salt and pepper.
- slice the chicken in half lengthwise, not cutting all the way through and then open it up, like a book.
- Divide the cheese mixture between the chicken pieces. Close the chicken back up. Coat each piece with pecan meal. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes, or until cooked through.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you.
Hi! I'm Jacqueline. I create the recipes here, photograph, and share them with you so you can feed your family delicious, fresh food.
I love to cook, read, sway in my hammock, take photos, and renovate my cabin. I drink coffee and red wine and I'm just as happy at my grill as I am with a whisk and mixing bowl.