Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken – Stuff a chicken breast with cream cheese and jalapenos, then wrap in bacon for a low-carb jalapeno popper style stuffed chicken dinner.
I've really been into easy dinners lately. Probably because we're packing up and getting ready to move. So soups, curries and sheet pan dinners have all been in heavy rotation because you just take a little bit of prep time to chop and measure and then just set it cooking and leave it while you do other things. No baby-sitting the stove-top.
And let me tell you this Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken is so easy. I just prep it and then make a quick salad and dinner comes together so easily.
This chicken is so tasty. There's the creamy cream cheese, a little hint of spice from the jalapenos, the sharp cheddar and the salty bacon. I like to serve it with a side salad or some steamed broccoli and cauliflower. When you have a main like this I don't think you need much extra.
To make a quick sauce for on top, I just fried up a few minced cloves of garlic, then added all the extra filling that baked out of the chicken breast and added some cream.
This Jalapeno Popper Stuff Chicken fits in well with a low carb or keto diet plan.
How to Make Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
To make this dinner, start off with your chicken breasts. If they are bigger ones, they will feed more than one person. So use two large ones (which I did) or four small ones.
Either way, butterfly the chicken - slice the chicken lengthwise so that it opens up like a book. Press down on the chicken breast and slide the knife through it, but not all the way. Just be very careful. Cover the chicken with plastic and use a meat mallet or something heavy to pound the chicken breast so you even out the thickness of each piece.
In a separate bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese, chopped jalapeno and the cheddar cheese. If you'd rather, you can chop the bacon and fry it and then add it to the filling, instead of wrapping the chicken with it. I do this sometimes because the bacon isn't always crispy on the outside after baking and I don't like soft bacon.
Divide the filling in half and top each chicken breast with it. (Or four for small chicken breasts). Close each one up and then wrap with bacon if you're making it that way. Heat a frying pan over medium high and cook fry the chicken breasts on each side for a few minutes to crisp up the bacon.
Place the chicken on a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet and bake at 375°F for 25 minutes or until your chicken is cooked through.
Serve with a side salad or some greens.
Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
- 2 large chicken breast (or 4 small)
- 3-4 pieces of bacon for chicken breast
- 3 jalapenos (diced small)
- 4 oz cream cheese (softened)
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- To butterfly each chicken breast, slice them in half lengthwise, almost all the way. Don't cut all the way through, so that you can open the chicken breast like a book. Flatten the thicker parts a bit by pounding with a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Mix the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and diced jalapeno together in a bowl. (you can add cooked chopped bacon here instead of wrapping it around, if you choose)
- Divide the filling between chicken breasts then close them again.
- Wrap each stuffed chicken breast in bacon.
- Heat a frying pan over medium, fry each chicken for 4-5 minutes per side, or until bacon is crispy.
- Preheat oven to 375. Bake chicken for 25 minutes.
Nutritional information is an estimate. Values vary based on products used.Read our full Nutrition Disclaimer.