Mexican Street Corn Flatbread Pizza | Grilled flatbread pizzas with Mexican Street Corn, cilantro, and Queso Blanco. Make this Elote Flatbread Pizza for a simple and delicious dinner – pair it with a side salad.
Isn't summer wonderful? (If it's summer where you are...) Nothing screams summer like corn on the cob. And if you've already made my Mexican Street Corn (Elote) from my last post then you're a step closer to making this Mexican Street Corn Flatbread Pizza.
Just leave the sauce separate for this recipe.
If you're having a busy night or you're just not ready to try your hand at my homemade pizza dough (do it! it's easy! and tastes so good! i promise!), then grab a few flat breads, or naan breads (my Costco sells both) and make this quick recipe for a simple weeknight meal. Pair it with a salad and you're good to go!
But for now, read on about how to make this tasty shortcut flatbread pizza.
How to Make Mexican Street Corn Flatbread Pizza
Start by preheating your BBQ to medium (you could do this in the oven also, but I grill my corn first and then put the flat breads on for a few minutes).
Make the sauce by combining the mayo, lime juice, chipotle chili powder, Queso Blanco or Cotija cheese, cilantro and salt and pepper. Set aside.
Grill the corn for 8-10 minutes, or to your liking. Slice the kernels off. Then grill your flat breads for a minute or so on each side.
To make each flatbread, top with some of the sauce. Then sprinkle on some corn and some extra cheese and cilantro if you like. Serve immediately with a squeeze of lemon or lime.
Mexican Street Corn Flatbread Pizza
- 4 Flatbread
- 2 ears of corn
- queso blanco or cotija or feta
For the Sauce:
- ¼ cup mayo
- ½ tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- ¼ cup queso blanco
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- small handful of cilantro (chopped)
- Preheat grill to medium.
For the Sauce:
- Make the sauce by combining all ingredients and then set aside.
- Grill the corn for 8-10 minutes or to your liking, then cut kernels off the cob.
- Grill each flatbread for a minute or two per aside, or to your liking.
- Top each flatbread with a quarter of the sauce, corn from half a cob each, and then top with extra cheese and cilantro. Slice and serve immediately.