Cheesy Garlic Bread Loaf – Do you need an appetizer for a group or a side for a dinner salad? Maybe something easy to throw in the oven while you BBQ? Take a loaf of french bread and smother it with garlicky butter, top it with cheese then bake it until melty and bubbly. Serve as is or dip it in marinara sauce.
Let me tell you why I love this easy, cheesy garlic bread recipe so much. Because it involves:
- lots of cheese - 3 different kinds!
- garlic - yum
- bread - hello lovely carbs
I know that's literally the name of the recipe but this one is so good in it's simplicity. And that's basically a list of the ingredients as well! There's not much more involved but trust me, we're not missing out.
Sometimes the best things are the easiest and simplest. I mean, I can't argue with a pile of hot and bubbly cheese. Can you?
This garlicky cheese toast is perfect for an appetizer and I love it with a marinara dip. It is also great paired with a big dinner salad. I'm going to try this out at the cabin on the BBQ and over the fire-pit too, so I'll update here if either of those works out well.
How to Make Cheesy Garlic Bread - step by step photos
Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with foil. (I know I have parchment in these photos, but I switched it out with the foil for photos - foil is hard for me to photograph.)
Take a loaf of french bread and cut it in half lengthwise. Place it on the foil-lined baking sheet. Mix the softened butter together with the minced garlic and then spread that over the bread halves.
Sprinkle on the mozzarella cheese.
Do the same with the cheddar cheese.
Grate the fresh Parmesan cheese on top.
Sprinkle over dried parsley and the ground black pepper.
Bake the loaf for about 10 minutes and then switch your oven to broil. Mine has a broil high and low setting. I used the high setting for about 5 minutes.
Make sure you watch carefully here, broiling can turn to burning very quickly! I slice each half into about 8 pieces, for a total of 16 pieces.
Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf of french bread
- ½ cup butter (softened)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- grated fresh Parmesan cheese (optional)
- sprinkle of dried parsley
- fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Mix together the soft butter and the minced garlic.
- Cut the loaf in half, lengthwise. Spread the butter on.
- Sprinkle on the shredded mozzarella and the cheddar.
- Grate fresh Parmesan over top.
- Sprinkle on dried parsley and black pepper.
- Place on foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 min and then broil for about 5 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and browned. Watch carefully, broiling can turn to burning quickly.
- Do not put the bread on parchment paper if you are broiling, it can catch fire under the broiler.
Nutritional information is an estimate. Values vary based on products used.