Easy Focaccia Bread Recipe - Try this quick and easy focaccia bread for a tasty, one hour bread that's crispy on the outside and pillowy soft and chewy on the inside.
Hi. Today I’m going to share some random weekend thoughts.
- I love bread.
- Why can’t bread be zero calories?
- I am in the car right now, on a 30 hour road trip to Florida. Yesterday the roads were icy and bad. Today at least, they are good.
- Seriously bread, WHY you gotta be so rude with ALL THOSE CALORIES?!
- Bread, I’m sorry for what I said earlier. You’re worth it.
Do you feel as strongly as I do about bread? Maybe not, but when you want homemade bread, you probably want it to be quick, easy, and fantastic tasting, right?
One if the most popular recipes on my website is my Quick and Light Brioche Style Buns. They are quick, easy, taste amazing, made with simple ingredients and done in about an hour. I can say the same about this recipe!
If you don’t have time to develop a dough overnight, or even all day, and you just have a craving for fresh bread with your dinner, try this simple focaccia recipe.
Change up the herbs to suit you. Sprinkle some cheese on top if you like. Either way, enjoy this recipe.
HOW TO MAKE EASY FOCACCIA BREAD
First, you’ll need to activate the yeast. Add the warm water to the mixer bowl along with the yeast and sugar and mix it up. Let sit 5 minutes or until bubbly.
Next, add in the flour and sugar, and any fresh herbs you want. I prefer rosemary and thyme.
Mix with the dough hook for about 5 minutes, or until it comes away in a ball from the sides of the bowl.
Sprinkle the bottom of a large cast iron pan with semolina or corn meal. Press the dough into the pan until it touches the edges. Let rise while you preheat the oven, or for about 20 - 30 minutes or so.
Using your fingertips, push little divots into the dough. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with some sea salt and more herbs if you want. Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes and then dig in!
Let out a big satisfied sigh and let everyone know how clever you are! And don't forget to eat your vegetables.
Quick and Easy Focaccia Bread
- 1 ½ cups warm water ((350 ml))
- 2 ¼ teaspoons dry active yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 500 grams all-purpose flour ((about 4 cups))
- cornmeal or semonlina (for dusting)
- olive oil, to drizzle
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, stir together the warm water, yeast and sugar. Let sit a few minutes, until foamy.
- Add the flour and salt and mix on medium until you have a smooth, slightly tacky dough that has come away from the sides of the bowl into a neat ball.
- Sprinkle the bottom of a 12 inch cast iron pan with cornmeal or semolina. Stretch out dough and lay in the pan. Cover with a towel and let rise for half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Using your fingers, push down little dimples all over the dough. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until done.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you.