Turkey Pesto Sandwich | For your next lunch, try these super easy turkey pesto sandwiches on focaccia bread, or swap in your favorite bread like sourdough or multigrain. Fill your sandwich with a creamy pesto mayo sauce, spicy sriracha cheese, crunchy romaine lettuce, roasted turkey breast slices and fresh cut tomatoes.
Jazz up your lunch with this easy turkey pesto sandwich. If your sandwich game has gotten a bit boring, inject some major flavor with a simple pesto mayo.
Simply combining mayo and pesto together to make a creamy and delicious spread for a sandwich makes for the perfect starting point for a tasty lunch or dinner.
You can use homemade or store-bought pesto. I love my Oregano Pesto recipe which is also dairy and nut free, but use your favorite pesto.
To serve this turkey pesto sandwich for dinner combine it with a soup or salad. This sandwich would go well with my Minestrone Soup or Southwest Corn Salad or my Tuna Pesto Pasta Salad for double pesto perfection.
See the recipe card below for exact amounts.
- Make the pesto mayo by combining the mayo and pesto in a small bowl.
- Spread the pesto mayo on each slice of bread.
- Add the cheese.
- Place the lettuce leaves on top of the cheese.
- Add the turkey slices. I like to fold them.
- Next add the tomato slices.
- Season the tomato slices with salt and pepper.
- Add the top piece of bread and serve.
Tips for Making Pesto Turkey Sandwiches
Make sure to season your tomato slices for the best flavor. You can dab them with a towel or paper towel first to remove extra moisture and stop the tomato slices from sliding around as much.
Make the turkey pesto sandwiches right before you eat them.
Store the pesto mayo in the fridge, tightly covered for a day or two.
More delicious sandwich recipes
Pesto is an herby condiment usually made with basil, garlic, lemon, parmesan cheese and olive oil.
To make pesto mayo for a sandwich spread, combine pesto and mayo together in a 2 to 1 ratio.
Turkey Pesto Sandwich
- 2 slices bread (your favorite, I use focaccia)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 1 slice cheese
- 1 leaf romaine lettuce
- 3 slices turkey sandwich meat
- 2 slices tomato
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Make the pesto mayo by stirring together the mayo and the pesto.
- Spread the pesto mayo on each side of your bread.
- Add cheese, lettuce, turkey and tomato slices. Season the tomato with salt and pepper.
- Add the other slice of bread to close the sandwich and serve.
Nutritional information is an estimate. Values vary based on products used.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you.
Save this image to your example board on Pinterest.