Sesame Noodles – When you need a side dish that really brings the flavor and is easy to make, grab your favorite noodles and make this simple 15-minute noodle dish.
Okay, I'm not even going to lie to you – this is sometimes my DINNER, not my side dish. It's just really good though. Noodles are so comforting for some reason. And this sauce is both delicious and easy to make. Plus, any chance to use chopsticks and I'm there.
Pair this with some steamed or roasted broccoli and carrots for a full vegetarian meal. Add in a baked and breaded chicken breast or these Panko Chicken Strips if you're not vegetarian. (We have both in my house). Either way, I think this is a pretty quick and easy side dish for any night of the week.
This is a great recipe for meal prep because it will keep in the fridge for a few days and you can eat it hot or cold. It's a good take to work/school dish also.
How to Make Sesame Noodles
Choose your noodles. I like the really thick udon noodles or spaghetti/spaghettini noodles for this recipe. Cook them according to the package instructions.
I always make the sauce while the noodles are cooking so everything is ready when they are done.
Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl, mix and set aside.
Once the noodles are done, drain them and add the pot back onto the heat. Add the sauce and heat it up for 15-20 seconds, and then mix the noodles in. Take off the heat and serve.
Garnish with sesame seeds, fresh chopped green onions and Sriracha hot sauce.
This is the perfect dinner to me and a great side dish. Pin this for later. I have it save to my Quick Dinner Pinterest board for when I need something quick!
- ½ lb noodles ((½ lb, spaghettini show in photos))
- ¼ cup soy sauce (low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger (minced )
- For optional garnish: sesame seeds (sliced green onions, Sriracha hot sauce)
- Whisk together everything but the noodles and garnish.
- Cook your choice of noodles according to package directions.
- Drain noodles then add pot back to heat. Add noodles and sauce, stir to combine and heat through then remove from heat and serve.
- Garnish with green onions, sesame seeds and sriracha sauce (optional).
Nutritional information is an estimate. Values vary based on products used.Read our full Nutrition Disclaimer.