Tuna Pesto Pasta | Simple 5 ingredient summer salad using store-bought pesto, bowtie noodles, red onion, a can of tuna, and black olives for a salad with lots of flavor but minimal ingredients.
Tuna and Pesto - Pantry staples for a 15 minute meal
Tuna and Pesto come together with your choice of pasta shape for a super simple, super delicious quick summer salad that'll be perfect for your summer get-togethers, large or small.
This tuna pesto pasta recipe is an easy make-ahead side dish that is easy to customize. Add fresh herbs like parsley or basil (like I did) for a fresh and herby basil tuna pasta.
Either way, the pesto and tuna make the base of the flavor. Add in extras like sweet cherry tomatoes or chopped bell peppers - or leave it exactly like it is and enjoy this quick and easy, healthy pesto tuna pasta salad.
This recipe is great for a side dish or for a fast weeknight dinner. Add some roasted vegetables and a grilled chicken breast on the side or a big salad and a slice of homemade bread.
Ingredients for this recipe
- Pasta - I used grooved bowties - their texture worked perfectly for adhering to the pesto.
- Tuna - a can of your preferred tuna
- Red onion - I like the bite of very finely diced red onion in this salad
- Olives - use your favorite olives here, my favorite are Kalamata Olives.
- Pesto - a good store-bought alternative to homemade although you could definitely use homemade pesto in this tuna pesto pasta
EXPERT TIP: Use homemade pesto for even more flavor.
More Easy Summer Salad Recipes
Tuna Pesto Pasta Salad with Olives
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add pasta to a large mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and mix.
- Serve or refrigerate until needed.
Nutritional information is an estimate. Values vary based on products used.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you.
Let's Make a Tuna + Pesto Pasta Salad
- Choose your favorite pasta shape and boil it according to package instructions - usually 8-10 minutes. Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and then rinse it with cold water to stop the cooking process and cool it down.
- Chop the red onion, open and drain the can of tuna, and prep your olives.
- Mix everything together in a large bowl. Add fresh herbs if you have them. I like adding fresh basil.
- Refrigerate until needed.
I keep this salad in the fridge for 3-4 days and it lasts well. There are no ingredients that will make it soggy, so it should keep well for you also.