Peanut Butter Pie - Whip up this luscious, velvety smooth peanut butter pie in just 20 minutes. This southern inspired dessert takes only 7 ingredients and will be a hit everywhere you serve it.
We recently drove 2000 miles to Florida to see my parents for Christmas, and on the way back we stopped at a restaurant in Social Circle, Georgia, called the Blue Willow Inn. It was such a beautiful place. There was a great buffet with amazing dessert.
The peach cobbler and the peanut butter pie were my favorites. As soon as we got back home, I had to create a peanut butter pie to bring back the memories. This easy freezer pie only take 7 ingredients (and you could skip the vanilla extract if you want to), and it's also so easy to put together.
How to Make Peanut Butter Pie
I use a simple cookie crumb crust – just mix together the cookie crumbs and melted butter and bake in your pie tin for ten minutes. Let that cool completely and make the filling. You can also use graham crackers crumbs instead.
Whip up the heavy cream with the brown sugar and vanilla and let it chill in the fridge while you whip together the peanut butter and cream cheese. This works best when your cream cheese is at room temperature so you don't get little solid flecks of cream cheese in the mixture. You want a really smooth mix.
Fold in the cold whipped cream with the peanut and cream cheese mixture, and then fill the pie shell with the filling. Garnish with the chopped peanuts if you like - I like the look of this.
Freeze for a few hours before serving. Let sit for about 10 minutes before cutting and serving. Feel free to drizzle with chocolate syrup and add some extra peanuts on top when serving, for a little extra touch.
Either way, I hope you love it as much as we do. We are all big peanut butter fans. This is not exactly the healthiest recipe, but for a delicious treat occasionally… YUM. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 ½ cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 5-7 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 oz package cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts (for garnish)
- prepared chocolate sauce (for garnish, optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Melt butter, and then add cookie crumbs. Mix together. Crumbs should be moist but not glossy with butter,(if they are glossy, add more crumbs). Press mixture into 9 inch pie plate, smoothing up the side. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Whip the cream until it starts to thicken, and then add the vanilla and brown sugar. Whip until well combined. Chill until needed.
- Beat cream cheese until very smooth, a couple of minutes in a stand mixer (if you don`t get it smooth enough, it will not mix well with the peanut butter and you will have a lumpy pie). Add peanut butter and mix well.
- Add a third of the chilled whipped cream mix to the peanut butter and cream cheese mixture. Mix until the peanut butter mixture is loosened up a bit.
- Gently fold in the second third of whipped cream and then the final amount.
- Pour into prepared and cooled pie crust and then refrigerate for a couple of hours or overnight.
- To serve, sprinkle with the chopped peanuts and drizzle each slice with chocolate sauce if desired.