Peanut Butter Pie - Whip up this luscious, velvety smooth peanut butter pie in just 20 minutes. This southern inspired dessert takes only 7 ingredients and will be a hit everywhere you serve it.
When we drove 2000 miles to Florida to see my parents for Christmas we stopped on the way back at a restaurant in Social Circle, Georgia, called the Blue Willow Inn. It was such a beautiful place with amazing desserts. The peach cobbler and the peanut butter pie were my favorites.
As soon as we got back home, I had to create this silky smooth peanut butter pie to bring back the memories. This easy freezer pie only take 7 ingredients (and you could skip the vanilla extract if you want to), and it's also so easy to put together.
About the ingredients for this recipe. Exact amounts are in the recipe card.
- peanut butter - I use creamy smooth peanut butter, and haven't tried this pie with homemade peanut butter which is runnier and looser than store bought peanut butter
- whipping cream - This gives all the light volume to this pie, making the filling as light as a cloud
- brown sugar - to sweeten it up
- cream cheese - make sure this is at room temperature. If it's not it won't mix up completely smooth.
- cookie crumbs - you can use chocolate cookies and blitz them up or buy chocolate cookie crumbs. Graham crumbs are good in the recipe also!
- butter - unsalted butter. This helps make the crust.
How to Make Peanut Butter Pie
I use a simple cookie crumb crust as the base to this pie.
Step 1. Mix together the cookie crumbs and melted butter. The texure should be somewhat like damp sand but it shouldn't be too moist with butter. Spread the mixture in the bottom of a pie pan, and bake the crust for ten minutes. Let that cool completely and make the filling.
Note: You can also use graham crackers crumbs instead.
Step 2. Whip the heavy cream to stiff peaks, gradually adding the brown sugar and vanilla. Let this mix chill in the fridge while.
Step 3. Whip together the peanut butter and cream cheese. This works best when your cream cheese is at room temperature so you don't get little solid flecks of cream cheese in the mixture. You want a really smooth mix.
Step 4. Fold in the cold whipped cream with the peanut and cream cheese mixture. Do this gently so you don't take any air out of the whipped cream. Pour the filling into the pie pan, on top of the cooled crust.
Garnish with the chopped peanuts if you like.
Step 5. Freeze the pie for a few hours before serving. Let the pie sit out on the counter for about 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Optionally, you can drizzle with chocolate syrup and add some extra peanuts on top when serving, for a little extra touch.
More recipes like this
Peanut Butter Pie
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Melt butter, and then add cookie crumbs. Mix together. Crumbs should be moist but not glossy with butter,(if they are glossy, add more crumbs). Press mixture into 9 inch pie plate, smoothing up the side. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Whip the cream until it starts to thicken, and then add the vanilla and brown sugar. Whip until well combined. Chill until needed.
- Beat cream cheese until very smooth, a couple of minutes in a stand mixer (if you don`t get it smooth enough, it will not mix well with the peanut butter and you will have a lumpy pie). Add peanut butter and mix well.
- Add a third of the chilled whipped cream mix to the peanut butter and cream cheese mixture. Mix until the peanut butter mixture is loosened up a bit.
- Gently fold in the second third of whipped cream and then the final amount.
- Pour into prepared and cooled pie crust and then refrigerate for a couple of hours or overnight.
- To serve, sprinkle with the chopped peanuts and drizzle each slice with chocolate sauce if desired.
Nutritional information is an estimate. Values vary based on products used.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you.
Save this image to your desserts board on Pinterest.