Banana Bread - delicious and easy!
This is the best banana bread. It’s also the easiest to put together. It can be a simple one bowl mix, if you want to measure your dry ingredients (not the oats though) over a sieve into the wet ingredients. If not, just mix all your dry ingredients together in a separate bowl like usual. That’s the method I’ve used in the instructions on the printable recipe. I just like to shortcut sometimes. I want my banana bread faster… 🙂
Either way you mix it, this recipe is totally reliable. It’s perfect every time. It takes about 45-60 minutes to bake. I’ve used two different ovens with this recipe and it was different in each. (I really need to unpack my oven thermometer in the new place already…)
This recipe would be great as mini loaves or muffins too I’m sure. Sprinkle ½ cup chocolate chips in if you’re feeling it, works great! Enjoy. I’m sure you’ll love it.
The Best Banana Bread
- 3 medium bananas (mashed)
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup mild oil (grapeseed, canola)
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- ¼ cut old fashioned oats (plus more to sprinkle on top)
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, combine bananas, eggs, oil and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder and salt. Add to wet mixture, and combine well.
- Pour into a greased 9x5 pan, sprinkle with remaining oats and bake for 45-60 minutes, or until fully cooked.
If you liked this recipe, check my sidebar to follow me by email, or click below to subscribe to have new recipe posts sent straight to your email address.
Share photos of your creations using my recipes and hashtag them #pipercooks on Instagram or tag me there @checkforpulse I'd love to see them!
Enjoy your day!