Bolognese Style Pasta Sauce.
A flavorful, set it and forget it bolognese sauce for your next pasta night.
Servings: 4 servings, covers 1 lb pasta
- 1 tablespoon oil for frying
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 carrot diced
- 2 celery diced
- 1 onion diced
- 75 g left over sausage optional, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 can crushed tomato 28 oz
- ½ cup water/stock/wine
- ¼ cup cream 10%
- Dash of nutmeg
- Handful of fresh basil optional, for garnish
- Fresh grated parmesan optional, for serving
- Cooked pasta your choice, for serving
In a large dutch oven, brown beef. Drain Excess fat.
Add carrot, celery, onion and sausage, cooking and stirring for 5-8 minutes, until vegetables are soft. Add garlic and stir 30 seconds.
Add tomato paste, crushed tomato and ½ cup liquid. Stir, bring to simmer, cover. Let simmer for 45-60 minutes (or longer if you have the time).
Stir in cream and nutmeg, then serve.
Cover cooked noodles with the sauce, stir together if you like. Garnish with fresh torn basil and freshly grated Parmesan, if desired.