Creamy Dill Chicken
A One-Pan dish in less than 30-minutes, perfect with a side of rice or mashed potatoes and some greens. Make the chicken and the sauce in the same pan for an easy, flavorful dinner.
- 2 chicken breasts sliced into fillets/strips
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- ½ medium onion sliced or diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cream I use 18%
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 teaspoons fresh dill*
Heat a non- stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the oil and then the chicken. Cook 2-3 minutes per side or until almost cooked through. Add the onions and cook for about 4 minutes, until softened.
Remove the chicken to a plate temporarily and add the broth. Cook down for about 10 minutes or until reduced by aout half.
Add the chicken and the cream and heat thorugh for a few minutes.
Add the butter and whisk while it melts. Remove from heat, add the dill, season with salt and pepper and then serve.
*Nutritional information is an estimate and intended for informational purposes only, and not to be used as medical or dietary advice. Estimate is per serving.
- Use dried dill if that is what you have. Use about a teaspoon and adjust if you want more dill flavor.
- I use unsalted butter to control the salt in the final dish. You can try salted butter and then adjust how much salt you add at the end.