Toss some salad greens in olive oil and sprinkle on some blueberries, fresh mozzarella balls, and cherry tomatoes. Finish it up with some pecans and a perfectly poached egg for a delicious + nutritious breakfast salad with eggs.
- 2 ½ oz arugula + spinach mix a few cups*
- ¼ cup watercress
- ¼ cup fresh mozzarella balls
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons walnuts or pecans
- 1 large egg
- ½ large avocado
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 piece sourdough bread, toasted and buttered optional
Bring a small pot of water to a boil.
Place the greens into a mixing bowl.
Toast a piece of bread (Optional)
Once the water has come to a boil, turn the heat down to a low simmer. (You shouldn't see consistent bubbles, just one every few seconds or so.) Crack the egg into a small bowl and then gently slide it into the water. Set a timer for three minutes for a runny yolk. Leave it for 4 minutes for a harder yolk.
Dress the greens with the oil and vinegar. Plate the greens and then top with watercress if using. Dot around the mozzarella balls, cherry tomatoes, and blueberries, and pecans. Slice half an avocado and add to the plate. Add the toast.
Scoop the egg out with a slotted spoon, lightly shake off excess water and then slide the egg on top of the salad greens. Sprinkle the plate with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
*Nutritional information is an estimate and intended for informational purposes only, and not to be used as medical or dietary advice. Estimate is per serving and does not include the bread.
- I used half of a 5 oz container of mixed spinach and arugula.
- Watercress is optional, I use it when I can find it.
- Use whatever berry you like. Same with the nuts.
- I used white balsamic vinegar. I use regular balsamic vinegar too or sometimes balsamic glaze - delicious.