Cheesy Garlic Bread
Need an appetizer for a group or a side for a dinner salad? Take a loaf of french bread and smother it garlicky butter, top it with cheese then bake until melty and bubbly. Serve as is or dip in marinara sauce.
Servings: 16 slices
- 1 whole loaf of french bread
- ½ cup butter softened
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- grated fresh Parmesan cheese optional
- sprinkle of dried parsley
- fresh ground pepper
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Mix together the soft butter and the minced garlic.
Cut the loaf in half, lengthwise. Spread the butter on.
Sprinkle on the shredded mozzarella and the cheddar.
Grate fresh Parmesan over top.
Sprinkle on dried parsley and black pepper.
Place on foil lined baking sheet.
Bake for 10 min and then broil for about 5 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and browned. Watch carefully, broiling can turn to burning quickly.
*Nutritional information is an estimate and intended for informational purposes only, and not to be used as medical or dietary advice. Estimate is per serving.
- Do not put the bread on parchment paper if you are broiling, it can catch fire under the broiler.