Cinnamon Roll Ice Cream
Creamy no-churn ice cream, generous on the cinnamon flavor and liberally dotted with no-bake dough chunks. No ice cream maker is needed for this cozy cinnamon ice cream recipe.
- ½ cup all purpose flour + 2 tablespoons, heat treated* see instructions
- ¼ cup butter at room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1-2 tablespoons cream I used a cinnamon coffee creamer
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
For the dough bits
Heat treat the flour by microwaving in 30 second increments, for a total of about 60-90 seconds or until it each 165°F (75 °C). Heat more than you'll need because some might stick to the plate.
Cream the butter and sugar together with a spatula or a mixer.
Add the salt, vanilla, and the cream. Mix again.
Sift in the flour and mix. I had to add another 2 tablespoons on top of my ½ cup. The dough shouldn't be too soft, like a thick cookie dough.
Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes, or freeze for 10 minutes while you make the ice cream base.
For the ice cream
Whip the cream to stiff peaks.
Fold in the sweetened condensed milk.
Pour a third of the mix into another bowl.
Mix in the cinnamon into the remaining two thirds of the ice cream base.
Get the cookie dough from the freezer. It should be thicker now. Use half the mixture and pull off little chunks which you'll drop into the ice cream. Save the other half of the dough for another use or add mini chocolate chips for a snack.
Add a third of the cinnamon ice cream mix to a loaf tin. Add a third of the reserved plain ice cream mix by dotting it around randomly with a spoon. Use a skewer to swirl the two together. Drop in a third of the cookie dough bits. Repeat twice more for the rest of the mix.
Lay plastic wrap on top, pressing it into the ice cream to prevent ice crystals forming.
Freeze for 6 hours to overnight. I prefer overnight.
Storage - Keeps in the freezer for a few months. Keep in an air-tight container.
- Skip the dough bits if you want to.
- You'll only need half of the dough recipe but it's difficult to make half of the recipe because it's hard to heat treat small amounts of flour so save the other half of the recipe for another use. Add mini chocolate chips to it and make cookie dough bites.
- Feel free to skip separating the ice cream in steps 3 + 4 and just flavor all of the ice cream base with cinnamon.
Calories: 331kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 22g | Sugar: 27g