White Chocolate Mint Avocado and Chia Pudding Parfait - Simple and delicious dessert, made with chia seeds for fiber and protein, and avocado for filling healthy fat.
I love chia pudding and thinking up new ways to try it. I use a simple formula that's perfect every time.
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup liquid
I've used both black and white chia seeds, and my usual liquid is almond milk, and sometimes cashew milk. I always use unsweetened plant milk. I don't like cows milk and I like to control the sugar, but you can use whatever milk you prefer. I used coconut milk for this particular recipe.
What makes this recipe healthier than a typical store bought pudding?
- low in sugar
- no weird stuff
- chia seeds have lots of fiber, protein and omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, calcium and lots of other vitamins and minerals
- avocado is a good source of monounsaturated fats which helps lower bad cholesterol. They're also loaded with fiber, vitamins and minerals, and have more potassium than a banana.
When you combine these ingredients to make a pudding parfait, it really is a special treat! I feel like the addition of a small amount of white chocolate chips is something I can justify in this delicious dessert.
Check out my other chia dessert – Cherry Chocolate Chia Pudding – another great healthy treat.
How to Make Mint White Chocolate Chia Pudding Parfaits
For the chia pudding, simply mix the three ingredients together, stir and refrigerate for a few hours.
For the chocolate avocado pudding, blend the avocados in a food processor until smooth. Melt the white chocolate chips and blend them in, as well as the rest of the pudding ingredients.
Store in a large container, or in two-four smaller containers if you want them ready for two to four servings of the parfait. After a few hours, when the chia seed pudding has thickened, you can divide it up in between the two jars. Serve immediately or refrigerate until needed.
Mint White Chocolate Chia Pudding Parfait
For the Chia Pudding
- In a container with a lid, stir together the chia seeds, coconut milk and the peppermint extract. Refrigerate overnight of for at lest 4 hours.
For the Avocado Pudding
- In a food processor, blend the avocado until completely smooth.
- Melt and cool the white chocolate, then add it as well as the rest of the ingredients to the food processor. Blend until smooth and then refrigerate. (You can place plastic wrap to the surface of the pudding to refrigerate if you want. I just added a lid to my container and noticed a small amount of discolouring of the pudding.)
Assemble the Parfait
- In 2-4 small bowls or jars, divide the avocado pudding. Follow with the chia pudding. Refrigerate if not eating immediately.