I think I've said it before, but it's worth repeating – cookies are one of my favorite recipes to create. These Ginger Biscotti are my favorite Biscotti (of a couple different ones) that I've created so far. What is your favorite cookie?
Do you have a cookie that reminds you of a certain time of year? Like a certain cookie from a family cookie swap or anything like that? Gingerbread makes me think of Christmas. So do Snowball cookies. And Nanaimo Bar. Good thing Christmas is my favorite holiday!!
If you need a new Christmas/winter cookie for your holiday cookie tray, this one is a perfect option. It's nice and crunchy, easy to put together, has comforting warm flavors of cinnamon and allspice, and looks pretty fancy when you set out a plate for guests. If you want to make them look a little more fancy, make up a simple icing with powdered sugar, milk and maybe even a sprinkle of cinnamon and decorate them. Or dip an end and pop some cute little gingerbread people sprinkles on – so cute for the holidays!!
Hope you love this recipe too. Let me know if you make them, I'd love to see 🙂
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare a baking sheet with a parchment sheet or silicone baking sheet.
- Cream together the butter and sugar, by hand or in a standing mixer.
- Add the eggs, molasses and vanilla, and mix again until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix together.
- Flatten the dough on the baking sheet into rectangle about a half inch high.
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Cut into one inch wide strips and lay them on their sides on the baking sheet.
- Bake again for 10 minutes. Flip, bake another 10 minutes.
Nutritional information is an estimate. Values vary based on products used.Read our full Nutrition Disclaimer.