Easy Creamy Cauliflower Soup | A full-flavored soup with simple ingredients. Packed with vegetables, this creamy soup is perfect for your winter dinner table.
Today I'm going to share a recipe for one of my favorite soups - Easy Creamy Cauliflower Soup. It's a couple of years old and from my old blog, but it's still one of my faves and we still make it all the time.
I'm a huge fan of soup. It's warm and comforting, and besides that, it can be so good for you, win-win. Plus, a soup and sandwich combo for dinner is one of my all-time favorites. I love fresh bread or butter crackers to dip in my soup too. And once fall hits, soup is probably the only thing I want! Give me some hot soup, some bread, and a blanket to cuddle up in and I'm happy.
This soup is comforting and good for you all at once. I packed in a whole bunch of vegetables and usually try to use homemade broth, but when I don't have any then store-bought salt-free broth works just fine also.
I blend the soup, usually with my immersion blender but you can use a stand blender and just be really careful. I use coconut milk to give it creaminess, but you can use dairy milk or cream if you prefer. I love swirling the top with a little oil and some chopped walnuts for garnish. Give it a go!
Also, I'm sure you could leave out the bacon and use a vegetable broth to make this soup vegetarian. I haven't tried it, and it would taste a little bit different, but it should work just fine. Please let me know if you try it.
Easy Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- 3 slices of bacon
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (roughly chopped)
- 1 head cauliflower (mine weighed 927g)
- 1 white sweet potato (peeled and chopped (mine weighed 260 grams))
- 2 parsnips (peeled and chopped)
- 1 carrot (peeled and chopped (I used 100 g julienned))
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste (I used ½ teaspoon of each)
- ¼ cup coconut milk (if you want a creamier version)
- Olive oil and chopped nuts (for serving, optional)
- Trim cauliflower into big florets. Slice bacon and prepare other vegetables
- In a large pot (I use a cast iron dutch oven), over medium heat, cook bacon until fat covers the bottom of the pot and the bacon is cooked. Set bacon aside for later.
- Add onion to the pot and cook until softened but not browned. Add garlic, and the rest of the vegetables. Cook for a few minutes until slightly browned.
- Add chicken broth. Put the lid on the pot and turn heat down slightly. Simmer 20-30 minutes or so until vegetables are just softened.
- Take the pot off the heat. Puree soup to your preferred texture, using either an immersion blender, or very carefully using a stand blender. BE CAREFUL, VERY HOT.
- Add soup back to the pot, add in the reserved bacon.
- Return pot to heat and add salt and pepper to taste.
- If you want an even creamier soup, add in ¼ to ½ cup of coconut milk (or dairy milk or cream)
- Serve immediately. Garnish with olive oil and chopped nuts if desired.
- Try skipping the bacon and using vegetable stock instead of chicken stock for a vegetarian soup.
Nutritional information is an estimate. Values vary based on products used.Read our full Nutrition Disclaimer.
This soup recipe is part of my Best Homemade Soup Recipes Collection. Click below to view them all.