Easy Creamy Cauliflower Soup | A full-flavored soup with simple ingredients. Packed with vegetables, this creamy soup is perfect for your winter dinner table.
Today I'm going to share a recipe for one of my favorite soups - Easy Creamy Cauliflower Soup. It's a couple of years old and from my old blog, but it's still one of my faves and we still make it all the time.
I'm a huge fan of soup. It's warm and comforting, and besides that, it can be so good for you, win-win. Plus, a soup and sandwich combo for dinner is one of my all-time favorites. I love fresh bread or butter crackers to dip in my soup too. And once fall hits, soup is probably the only thing I want! Give me some hot soup, some bread, and a blanket to cuddle up in and I'm happy.
This soup is comforting and good for you all at once. I packed in a whole bunch of vegetables and usually try to use homemade broth, but when I don't have any then store-bought salt-free broth works just fine also.
I blend the soup, usually with my immersion blender but you can use a stand blender and just be really careful. I use coconut milk to give it creaminess, but you can use dairy milk or cream if you prefer. I love swirling the top with a little oil and some chopped walnuts for garnish. Give it a go!
Also, I'm sure you could leave out the bacon and use a vegetable broth to make this soup vegetarian. I haven't tried it, and it would taste a little bit different, but it should work just fine. Please let me know if you try it.
Easy Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- 3 slices of bacon
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (roughly chopped)
- 1 head cauliflower (mine weighed 927g)
- 1 white sweet potato (peeled and chopped (mine weighed 260 grams))
- 2 parsnips (peeled and chopped)
- 1 carrot (peeled and chopped (I used 100 g julienned))
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste (I used ½ tsp of each)
- ¼ cup coconut milk (if you want a creamier version)
- Olive oil and chopped nuts (for serving, optional)
- Trim cauliflower into big florets. Slice bacon and prepare other vegetables
- In a large pot (I use a cast iron dutch oven), over medium heat, cook bacon until fat covers the bottom of the pot and the bacon is cooked. Set bacon aside for later.
- Add onion to the pot and cook until softened but not browned. Add garlic, and the rest of the vegetables. Cook for a few minutes until slightly browned.
- Add chicken broth. Put the lid on the pot and turn heat down slightly. Simmer 20-30 minutes or so until vegetables are just softened.
- Take the pot off the heat. Puree soup to your preferred texture, using either an immersion blender, or very carefully using a stand blender. BE CAREFUL, VERY HOT.
- Add soup back to the pot, add in the reserved bacon.
- Return pot to heat and add salt and pepper to taste.
- If you want an even creamier soup, add in ¼ to ½ cup of coconut milk (or dairy milk or cream)
- Serve immediately. Garnish with olive oil and chopped nuts if desired.
- Try skipping the bacon and using vegetable stock instead of chicken stock for a vegetarian soup.
This soup recipe is part of my Best Homemade Soup Recipes Collection. Click below to view them all.