Creamy Avocado Sauce | Creamy avocado sauce recipe made with ripe avocados, fresh lime juice, jalapeno, and Greek yogurt. This 4 ingredient avocado cream sauce takes only a few minutes to make in a food processor or mini blender. Use this quick sauce on burgers, salads, or as a sandwich spread.
If you're a fan of avocados then you will love this recipe for a Creamy Avocado Sauce. You'll just need 4 ingredients and a mini food processor, or mini blender. Or double the ingredients and use a large blender or food processor - the more spicy avocado sauce, the better!
I use this creamy sauce on tacos, my Crispy Chicken Burgers, sandwiches and just to dip things in like pita chips and tortilla chips. This sauce is so easy to make - literally minutes. It's like a whipped version of guacamole and it's perfect on just about everything.
Use the table of contents below to jump to any section of this blog post. You can also use the jump to recipe link above to get right to the recipe card.
About the ingredients for this recipe. See the recipe card below for exact amounts.
- plain Greek yogurt - one of my favorite ingredients, the yogurt helps give this sauce a creamy body.
- avocado - creamy and full of healthy fats.
- jalapeno - I use half a fresh jalapeno for a bit of added heat, you can leave this out or add more if you like. As it is, its not a very spicy sauce to me but I eat a lot of spice and can tolerate a lot of heat, so add jalapeno to your heat preference.
- lime juice - fresh is best but I buy the bottle also when limes are too expensive where I live, so use whatever kind of lime juice you have and like.
- salt and pepper - for seasoning. Taste the sauce, season it, and then adjust to your taste.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit.
- Cut a jalapeno in half and scrape the seeds out. (Be careful when handling peppers as they can leave your skin burning. I try not to touch the insides too much and wash my hands immediately after handling them.)
This avocado sauce is made in a mini food processor. You can probably use something like a bullet blender as well. A larger food processor or blender might need double the ingredients to be able to mix it because their jars are bigger. An immersion blender should also work.
You could also make this by using a fork to mash the avocado and mincing the jalapeno with a knife. You'd get a chunkier texture, similar to a chunky guacamole.
How to make creamy avocado sauce in a food processor:
Gather all of the ingredients. Scoop the avocado flesh from the peel. Cut the jalapeno in a few smaller pieces.
Add the ingredients to small food processor.
Blend everything together.
Once blended and smooth, it's ready to serve.
RECIPE TIP: When handling hot peppers such as jalapenos, they can leave your skin burning. (Don't touch your face while cutting hot peppers!) Try not to touch the insides of the pepper too much and wash your hands immediately after handling them. You can also wear some kitchen gloves to protect your skin.
✔ This creamy avocado sauce is vegetarian
> To make this vegan, use a vegan Greek style yogurt.
> Try sour cream instead of Greek yogurt.
I use my 3-in-1 immersion blender with the mini processor attachment. It's one of my favorite kitchen tools.
Recipes with avocado don't always store the best because once the avocado hits the air it starts to brown. To minimize this you can:
- Add a layer of neutral oil on top of the sauce before refrigerating. Pour the oil off and then stir the sauce before serving.
- Add lime juice to the top of the sauce to help slow the browning process.
- Press plastic wrap directly on top of the sauce, being careful to press out air bubbles.
I recommend making this the same day you need it.
More sauce recipes
Guacamole is an avocado dip made by hand. This creamy avocado sauce recipe is made in a food processor and Greek yogurt is added to lend additional creaminess.
This creamy avocado sauce is great on burgers, sandwiches, wraps or tacos as well as served as a dip for vegetables or tortilla chips.
Creamy Avocado Sauce
- Immersion Blender (with mini food processor attachment)
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 avocado (peeled and pitted)
- ½ large fresh jalapeno (deseeded)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Prepare the ingredients: In a small food processor/mixer add the yogurt, and lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Peel the avocado and add it in. Cut the jalapeno half into about 3 smaller pieces to make it easier to blend.
- Blend the sauce: Blend for a minute or two or until completely smooth. Serve as you like. Cover and refrigerate.
- No Greek yogurt? Try sour cream instead.
- Need to make it vegan? Use vegan yogurt.
- Don't like spice? Omit the jalapeno.
- Love spice? Add the whole jalapeno.
- store with a layer of neutral oil on top of the sauce. Pour off the oil before serving and stir the sauce.
- press plastic wrap onto the surface of the sauce before storing in the fridge.
Nutritional information is an estimate. Values vary based on products used.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you.
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Rating, commenting, and sharing my recipes really helps. Thanks for taking the time! Mention @pipercooksblog on Instagram.
Save this image to your Homemade Condiments + Sauces board on Pinterest.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!