Coconut Bundt Cake | An easy one-bowl cake batter made with coconut milk, eggs, and yogurt for a moist and fluffy cake. Add a powdered sugar glaze and some shredded coconut to the cake for a pretty and wintry look. This cake is great for a dessert at home, for a dinner party, or potluck table.
I think bundt cakes are so much fun to make and serve. There are so many different bundt pans to choose from and each one gives your cake a unique look. I use a pretty simple bundt pan to bake my coconut bundt cake recipe but I love how the light glaze and coconut give this cake a simple but wintery look.
I make my coconut bundt cake with coconut milk and yogurt to help keep it moist and I decorate it with coconut for more coconut flavor. You could add coconut extract for even more flavor but I love how this cake tastes just how it is.
Use the table of contents below to jump to any section of this blog post. You can also use the jump to recipe link above to get right to the recipe card.
About the ingredients for this recipe. See the recipe card below for exact amounts.
- the dry ingredients: you'll need flour, baking powder, and a touch of salt as the dry ingredients for this cake.
- the wet ingredients: these are all pretty basic baking ingredients like eggs for structure, unsweetened coconut milk for flavor and moistness, white sugar for sweetness, vanilla extract for flavor, oil to help deliver flavor and for structure, and plain Greek yogurt for a bit of tang and to help keep our cake moist.
- to garnish: you don't have to decorate this cake if you don't want to but a little icing glaze and some coconut adds a nice touch and makes it look a bit wintry if you're making this cake during the winter season. To make a simple glaze you can whisk together powdered sugar and milk and spoon it over the top. Sprinkle coconut over the top while the icing is wet.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Spray a bundt pan with oil
This is an easy coconut cake recipe - the batter is easy to mix together and it bakes really nicely. I've made this cake about 6 or 7 times and I've even baked it in my toaster oven, which has a bake function, at my cabin.
Start by mixing together the wet ingredients: coconut milk, yogurt, eggs, oil, vanilla extract, and sugar. Whisk it well.
Add the coconut and mix it in.
Add the baking powder and salt to the flour and mix them together.
Next, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold everything together gently with a whisk until combined.
Add the batter to the prepared bundt pan and bake at 350°F (180°F) for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean and the cake is baked.
In the meantime, you can make a glaze by combining 1 cup of powdered sugar with a tablespoon of milk. Whisk well.
Spoon the icing on top of the cake once it is fully cooled.
Sprinkle the coconut on top.
RECIPE TIP: Cool the cake to room temperature on a cooling rack before icing it.
You can also serve the cake as is if you prefer.
✔ This recipe is vegetarian
> Don't want to use Greek yogurt? Try sour cream instead.
> More coconut? You could add a teaspoon of coconut extract to the batter, but I like the nice mild flavor of this cake. Try it out if you want to!
> More coconut flavor? Try toasted coconut instead.
I use a 9-inch, 12-cup bundt pan for baking this cake.
I store this cake at room temperature, lightly covered with a cake cover. It's usually gone within a day or two.
More recipes with coconut
Tips + FAQs
To bake a cake in a bundt pan, prepare the batter and spray the bundt pan with cooking spray so that the cake doesn't stick. Bake the cake and then let it cool for 5 minutes before removing the cake from the pan. Turn the bundt pan over onto a cooling rack and the cake should slip out easily.
You should always let cake cool to room temperature before glazing or icing it. If you don't, your icing can melt and run down the cake or soak into it.
Coconut Bundt Cake
For the Cake
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup neutral oil
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
For the Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Spray a bundt pan with oil.
- Mix the wet ingredients. In a bowl, mix together the oil, milk, yogurt, eggs, vanilla extract, and sugar. Whisk to combine well. Add the coconut and mix well.
- Mix together the dry ingredients. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt to a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Make the batter. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Whisk to combine without over whisking.
- Bake. Pour the batter into the bundt pan and bake for about 40 minutes, or until a skewer comes out dry.
- Serve as is, with powdered sugar sprinkled on top, or with a powdered sugar glaze.
Nutritional information is an estimate. Values vary based on products used.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you.
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Rating, commenting, and sharing my recipes really helps. Thanks for taking the time! Mention @pipercooksblog on Instagram.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!