Cinnamon Bun Overnight Oats – The delicious flavors of a cinnamon bun in an easy to make, overnight breakfast treat. Sweetened with brown sugar, flavored with cinnamon and packed with raisins.
What I love about overnight oats:
- You can eat them hot or cold
- They are so easy to put together and are so simple to serve for breakfast. You (and kids!) can just grab it out of the fridge and go!
- Oats help to keep you feeling fuller longer.
- Oats have a lot of fiber, protein, vitamins and minerals.
- There are so many flavor options!
I have a few other overnight oat recipes on my blog. Try these Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats, or my Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats. Also, try my latest oats recipes - Maple Peach + Pecan Overnight Oats - they're so good too!
How to Make Cinnamon Bun Overnight Oats
This is the best part - they are so easy. I mix together the dry ingredients in a large bowl - so the oats, cinnamon, raisins, salt and chia seeds. In a another smaller bowl I whisk together the cashew milk, yogurt, vanilla and brown sugar, until it's really smooth and the yogurt has been mixed in evenly.
Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix together. Done with prep!
At this point you can add the whole thing to a container with a lid (or just mix it in there to begin with) and then refrigerate overnight. From there, portion it out as you want to.
Or portion it into individual jars with lids and refrigerate like that so you have one person servings ready to go.
Eat hot or cold. I liked it both ways and I like some whipped cream on when they're cold - it feels really dessert like.
Also, if you'd rather switch out the brown sugar for something like maple or honey, I'm sure it would work perfectly - just sweeten to your preference.
Also, let's not talk about the raisins, ok? I get overruled in my house over raisins. When I make actual cinnamon buns, I make half with raisins and half without for me. My most popular cookie recipe is Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. Anyone else dislike raisins out there?
Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats
- In a large bowl, mix together the liquids.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix together.
- Either portion the oats into jars and add lids, or place entire portion in a large container and add a lid. Refrigerate overnight.
- Top with whipped heavy cream, if preferred. Can eat hot or cold.