This creamy cilantro dressing features bold flavors and creamy textures with only a handful of ingredients. Greek yogurt and avocado add creaminess while fresh lime juice adds a zippy kick.
Making homemade salad dressings is one of the easiest ways to level up your homemade salads. Homemade dressings taste so much better than anything you can find in the grocery store. And this creamy cilantro lime dressing recipe is a great one for taco salad nights!
Using fresh ingredients like avocado, lime juice, and cilantro leaves makes this dressing taste so bright and satisfying, it's perfect for summer salads. The creamy yogurt adds great tangy flavor and protein.
The best part of this recipe is that it takes only 5 minutes to make. Ok, it has two best parts because the other best part is that it only requires 4 ingredients!
See the recipe card for exact amounts.
- avocado: for creaminess and good fats. Helps give the dressing a bright green color.
- yogurt: plain Greek yogurt for tangy flavor and creamy consistency.
- cilantro: Fresh cilantro leaves for flavor. Gives the dressing a bright green color.
- lime juice: to brighten up the flavors.
- salt and black pepper: to season
- water: to thin the mixture to dressing consistency.
- lime juice: try lemon juice instead
- want to spice it up? Add a pinch of red pepper flakes or a few dashes of hot sauce.
To make this dressing, you'll add all of the ingredients except most of the water to a blender cup and mix.
I have the Ninja Home System and use the Nutri Cup attachment (it's like a smoothie cup blender) for this dressing. Using a full-size blender might not mix this dressing as well unless you double the ingredients.
You could probably add the ingredients to a tall cup and use a hand blender for this recipe instead of a stand blender.
- Add the cilantro, avocado, yogurt, lime juice, salt, and pepper to the blender cup. Add a splash of the water.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth.
Add water as needed to achieve the consistency you want.
Tips for making avocado cilantro dressing
What to serve Creamy Cilantro Dressing with
I originally created this delicious dressing to serve with my taco salad recipe, so it's a great fit for those types of dishes. I recently created a kale and chicken salad and used this dressing recipe and that is also fantastic. You can use this dressing with grain bowls, burrito bowls, or as a creamy sauce to use as a dip for appetizers like breaded chicken strips or air fryer smashed potatoes.
Store in the fridge in an airtight container like a small mason jar for up to a week.
Fresh lime has the best flavor but you can substitute it for bottled lime juice in this recipe.
Avocado Cilantro Dressing
- Ninja Food Processor or blender with a cup attachment
- 1 avocado
- ¼ bunch of cilantro
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- water as needed (½ cup approximately)
- Add ingredients to a small blender cup. Blend until smooth adding water as needed.
- Store in the fridge, in a container with a lid.
Nutritional information is an estimate. Values vary based on products used.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you.
This post was originally posted on March 28, 2019.
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Rating, commenting, and sharing my recipes really helps. Thanks for taking the time! Mention @pipercooksblog on Instagram.