Sweet Potato Breakfast Skillet
This is one of my favorite dishes. I am a savory breakfast person. I always choose eggs and toast over pancakes or waffles. What do you choose? If you like pancakes, check out this Triple Chocolate Pancake recipe on my site – it’s a great one.
If you’re #teamsavory, and possibly on a mission to be a healthier new you this year, (even if you’re not, it’s still delicious) then try out this recipe. If you cut the potatoes pretty small, they hardly take any time at all to cook. This breakfast takes probably about 20 minutes or so. First I fry the potatoes with the onions and some spices, then add in whatever else I feel like that day. Usually some bell pepper, mushrooms, a bit of protein, and then top it with a fried egg. Perfection.
Also good with some avocado, sour cream or cheese on top.
To make it 21 Day Fix compatible, measure your ingredients before-hand in the proper containers, then follow the cooking directions.
- 1 small sweet potato, chopped small
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Other vegetable of your choice (spinach, mushroom, bell pepper, etc.)
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large egg
- Cooked meat, if desired
- Sriracha sauce, for garnish, optional
- Lime juice, for serving, optional
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium high. Melt the coconut oil then fry the potato and onion, stirring for about 10-12 minutes, or until potato starts to soften.
- Add your other vegetables, any cooked meat you need to warm up, and the spices. Cook for a few more minutes to warm everything through.
- Plate the potato mix, then heat more oil in the frying pan. Fry your egg how you like it. Set on top of the potatoes.
- Garnish with lime juice and sriracha, if desired. (Also good with avocado, sour cream, or cheese)
If you liked this recipe, check my sidebar to follow me by email, or click below to subscribe to have new recipe posts sent straight to your email address.
Share photos of your creations using my recipes and hashtag them #pipercooks on Instagram or tag me there @checkforpulse I’d love to see them!
Enjoy your day!